The posts you find here are prophecies, presented in the belief that they are from God, in the context of 1 Thessalonians 5: "Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good." So if you find them of value, thank God, the God of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, who sent Him into the world to save sinners, which was done by His death on the cross and His resurrection.

Prophecies were a feature of the early church and can be seen at times throughout church history. In recent years they have reemerged as a part of the Charismatic movement in many parts of the church. Please understand that they are not intended to challenge, replace or add to scripture, which must always be the test of what is said.

Please let me know what you think: I offer them in the belief that they will be of value to people, but conscious that I may be guilty of presumption.

Context

These prophecies were given as a result of visits to art galleries; specifically so far Manchester Art Gallery. Where possible I will include a link to a photo of the pieces of art which inspire them, but in many cases they don't seem to have made it onto the web.

To GOD be the glory.

Friday 29 April 2011

Community

[Stockport Art Gallery with a display of photos of working lives from up to 130 years ago]

Lives of quiet drudgery, and yet dedication. For some merely a means to survive - and many would so claim - but in reality a means of self definition, status, validation. 'I contributed to that', 'I was part of building that', 'I make those'. And in that shared experience, that validation, that building up of something more than the individual could achieve, there is true community. 'No man is an island'; 'It is not good for the man to be alone'. Yet today, for so many, all that is gone, and many scramble after replacements: such as in online gaming, there building a community to belong to - of great shared depth of experience - but of true value, real legitimation?

So now I call my church to provide a true community for a world crying out for validation. In an atomised society my body can be a place of mutual encouragement, validation and legitimation. And yet that calls for more than the weekly gathering, singing together or even receiving the sacrament of my presence. In the community of work people spend tens of hours per week together: do you believe you can build community in an hour and a half? So seek after real relationship, seek to share deeply of your life with those around. Beware the things that eat your time - my time - for all that you have is mine, including ALL your time; you were bought with a price - it is not for you to resist my lawful call upon your life. But if you will let me spend you as I desire, then your life will have meaning and purpose and I will be glorified. Is that not your greatest desire?

No comments:

Post a Comment